A Trade Repository (TR) is an entity that centrally collects and maintains the records of over-the-counter (OTC) derivatives. They play a central role in enhancing the transparency of derivative markets and reducing risks to financial stability. TRs are registered and supervised in the EU by the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) under the European Market Infrastructure Regulation (EMIR).
6 TRs are currently registered with, and recognised by, ESMA:
- CME Trade Repository Ltd. (CME TR), based in the UK
- DTCC Derivatives Repository Ltd. (DDRL), based in the UK
- ICE Trade Vault Europe Ltd. (ICE TVEL), based in the UK
- Krajowy Depozyt Papierów Wartosciowych S.A. (KDPW), based in Poland
- Regis-TR S.A., based in Luxembourg
- UnaVista Ltd, based in the UK